"HARAKENZO more " welcome an applicant who would like to become a specialist in intellectual properties through our work related to cutting-edge technologies.
"HARAKENZO more " provide careful instruction for an inexperienced person and we support a person who would like to become a patent attorney.
You will be abile to enjoy an international environment through communication with lawyers around the world.
Our offices are in conveniently located modern buildings, and you can enjoy comfortable office environments.
Features of Our Employment System
"HARAKENZO more " places great importance on employees' work-life balance.
• Our policies encourage and facilitate the effective use of time so that employees can get the most out of not only work, but their private lives as well.
Flextime (Standard working hours: 7.75 hours/day)
• Employees can choose when their workday will start, from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM. This makes it possible to finish working as early as 2:30 PM
Work policy of aiming for zero overtime
• "HARAKENZO more " employs a rule of avoiding overtime whenever possible.
• "HARAKENZO more " also have designated "no-overtime days".
All our staff members are full-time employees
"HARAKENZO more " make use of teleworking:
• Partial teleworking (working from home 1 - 4 days a week)
• Full teleworking (working from home 5 days a week)
My wife and I work here, and we have two children.
Since we are in the same office, we can readily know our working schedule.
This allows us to change our roles in our household depending on our working schedule.
For example, when my wife has a busy working schedule, I go to the office early in the morning and leave the office early (i.e., use an early morning working system) so as to do childcare (e.g., picking up my children from a nursery school) and housework (e.g., preparing dinner) so that my wife can concentrate on her work.
When I go to the office early in the morning, I can finish working as early as 3:30 PM. The early morning working system enriches our life from the evening. In fact, I can go to the nursery school to pick up my children unhurriedly and then I can have a enough time to prepare dinner and play with my children.
"HARAKENZO more " proudly counts a large number of women among its staff and provides them with a childcare support system, such as a shortened workday system and a flextime working system. Thus, our firm have established a work environment that allows employees having a child or willing to have a child in the future to work without any worries.
If you join our firm, you can enjoy a satisfying child rearing life with use of various support systems such as the early morning working system.
2. Reform of working methods
Implementing teleworking, co-working and diversity
• The Japanese government has proposed the implementation of “teleworking”, “co-working” and “diversity” as pillars of reforming working methods.
“Teleworking” has the advantages of (1) completely eliminating commuting time, thus greatly reducing the burden on employees, and (2) allowing employees to fit work around their home life situation.
- In addition to the standard office-based working system, we are actively promoting the use of partial teleworking (1 - 4 days a week) and full teleworking (5 days a week).
"Co-working" refers to a style of working that utilizes a shared working environment. "HARAKENZO more " plans to implement co-working via use of satellite offices, thereby enabling a variety of working styles and furthering our social contributions.
3. Support for Women
Many female staff members
• "HARAKENZO more " proudly counts a large number of women among its staff. (Approximately half of our entire staff.)
Compatibility of work and parenting
• In order to make work and parenting more easily compatible, we have established a work environment that not only allows employees to take prenatal and postnatal leave, but also allows for them to easily take parental leave.
• "HARAKENZO more " have implemented a “shortened workday system” in order to actively support compatibility of work and parenting.
• The same work and same rate of pay are afforded to those using the “shortened workday system”.
4. Life planning and working environments for 100-year life expectancy
Life planning in a society of longevity
• Japan is home to more than 65,000 persons aged 100 years or older. With the rapid progress of medical technology and ever-increasing health awareness, this figure is expected to continue to rise. In fact, estimates by the UN predict that Japan's centenarian population will surpass one million by 2050.
• In a society of longevity where living past age 100 has become the norm, it will become necessary to implement life planning and work environments that enable seniors to stay in the work force up to age 80.
Employment opportunities past 70
• It is our firm's desire to further our social contributions through our work environment that allows employees to continue working past age 70. For members of our staff who grow in years with the firm, continued employment to 70 and beyond is possible given the upkeep of one's professional skills, health, and motivation.
Makeup of our firm's employees
• Currently, the majority of our staff range from their 20s to their 40s, with the average age being in the early 30s.
• "HARAKENZO more " also have many employees who exercise their skills at our firm over a long period, with 100 of our 260 staff members having been employed at our firm for over ten years.
5. Promotion of Employee Health
• As part of our policy to proactively encourage employees to improve and maintain their health, our firm encourages exercise and offers a cash award to those who reach set fitness goals.
Standing desks/balance balls
• Several standing desks are provided in our firm. When feel inclined, staffs can use the standing desks to do their works while standing for their physical fitness.
• Balance balls, which allow users to exercise their muscles of the backs and prevent backaches, are provided in our firm. Staffs can use the balance balls during their works for their physical fitness.
• Employees taking part in tennis, indoor soccer, cycling, mountaineering, marathons and other sporting activities may receive on request an original T-shirt to represent our firm.
"HARAKENZO more "'s Tokyo Head Office is located in the World Trade Center (WTC) Building in Hamamatsuchō, Minato City, and serves an important role as both the "face" of our operations and a "gateway" for clients visiting our offices from outside Japan.
Tokyo Head Office aims to have 100 staff.
Tokyo Head Office is a core of our firm, and thus actively employs a new member who will lead the whole our firm as a manager.
"HARAKENZO more "'s Osaka Head Office has the largest number of staff among our offices, and has played an active role as a group of specialists to protect intellectual property rights by conducting our work of obtaining the intellectual property rights, and executing the intellectual property rights for our clients in the world.
As specialists in intellectual properties, we are always trying to enhance our specialties through trainings in our office and outside the office so as to provide the most appropriate services.
Osaka Head Office actively employs a new member who can go forward together with sharing our aim to develop further.
Osaka Head Office aims to have 300 staff.
"HARAKENZO more " 's Hiroshima Office is situated in the very center (Tatemachi, Naka-ku) of Hiroshima City, the biggest city in Chugoku-Shikoku region. Hiroshima Office as a branch office of the "large scale, international, integrated office" has a mission to offer, in particular, a Chugoku-Shikoku region-based total intellectual property service. Our well-experienced staff capable of managing individual situations work hard for accomplishing this mission.
HARAKENZO WORLD PATENT & TRADEMARK opened its Nagoya Office on March.1.2018. Our Nagoya Office is located at the GLOBAL GATE, which was created as a new Nagoya landmark in the Sasashima Live 24 district south of Nagoya station. Large-scale redevelopment is taking place in the Sasashima Live 24 district in preparation for the opening of the Linear Chuo Shinkansen in 2027, and the area is becoming a gateway to the city of Nagoya.