1. The corporate world in the 21st century puts a strong emphasis on contributions to society or to peace when assessing the values or the degree of significance of a company.
Our desire, at HARAKENZO WORLD PATENT & TRADEMARK, is to bring our own contribution to global peace by stressing its importance to the whole world, while fulfilling our corporate duties towards society.
With its preamble proclaiming peace as a principle, the Constitution of Japan is said to be the one and only pacifist constitution in the world; it has lived through seventy years since its adoption without undergoing a single revision, it unfortunately remains virtually unknown and unspoken of outside of Japan – even to the citizens of neighboring countries or to friends of Japan around the world.
"HARAKENZO more" wish to take advantage of the opportunities brought to us by our firm’s global business activities to get a renewed awareness of the importance of peace, and strengthen our corporate values and significance by contributing to this ideal.
2. The Constitution of Japan, especially its preamble, ”One for all, and all for one” , proclaims an ideal of mankind aspiring to the realization of humanity, and exposes a noble philosophy that eliminates nationalism, transcends borders and cultural differences. Above all things, we believe that it is important to let the people of the world consider what the ”universal principle of a peaceful mankind” stands for.
3. Some might argue that the preamble of the Constitution of Japan is unrealistic. But beyond the debate of whether it is realistic or not, we believe in the importance of making every effort to rise up to its ideal.
4. Security, without which peace cannot exist, is based either on law or on force; it can be divided between ”security of human beings” and ”security of the state” .
In today’s world, a strong emphasis is put on ”security of state based on force” . This objective, however, clearly goes against the principle of a peaceful mankind, and appears in itself impossible to achieve.
”"HARAKENZO more" have determined to preserve our security and existence, trusting in the justice and faith of the peace-loving peoples of the world” (extract from the preamble of the Constitution of Japan).
”"HARAKENZO more" recognize that all peoples of the world have the right to live in peace, free from fear and want” (extract from the preamble of the Constitution of Japan).
With this spirit of faith, "love and friendship", and keeping in mind "the principle of a peaceful mankind", we, as members of a civilized society, intend to carry on with our calls for ”the security of human beings based on law” .
5. Intellectual property right is a crucial tool for accelerating competitions toward high developments while putting the industrial economy societies in order. We, however, consider that competitions themselves cannot exist without peaceful societies. In other words, it is our belief that peace and competitions must collaborate with each other.
Most wars and territorial conflicts have been derived from material poverty and/or spiritual poverty. This is proved by the history of mankind. "HARAKENZO more" would say that the system of intellectual property right has greatly contributed to the realization of peaceful societies, from the perspective that the system of intellectual property right (i) causes a high growth of the industrial economy societies so as to allow them to break free from material poverty and (ii) concurrently allows the break free from spiritual poverty through intangible intellectual creative activities.
6. The real world is unfortunately very different from the universal principle (or ideal) of a peaceful mankind proclaimed in the preamble of the Constitution of Japan. However, continuing our efforts to reach this ideal without giving up is of the utmost importance. This can be likened to a youth pursuing his dreams. At HARAKENZO WORLD PATENT & TRADEMARK, no matter how remote this might be from the realities of today’s society, our desire is to be continuously pursuing our dream – a dream of a peaceful mankind, as a universal principle.