Patent engineers are engaged in technical intellectual property businesses mainly related to patents. Patent engineers from overseas can exhibit their experience obtained in their native countries and their language skills so that they can also play a role as a bridge between Japan and their native countries.
Information about Patent Department from Senior Member(Korea Support Station : Jin hyon chang)
The Patent Department provides services of filing an application to obtain a patent in Japan and abroad, and also provides a wide range of services including, for example, various searching, judgment, consulting, and legal cases. Patent engineers can have an opportunity to obtain general knowledge and skill regarding intellectual properties since we can be responsible for the above work according to our capability regardless of our age and experience.
Members in Patent Department
The Patent Department has about 100 patent engineers in total. "HARAKENZO more" often have communication with various members who have diverse experience and ability, and we can receive good inspiration from them. In the Patent Department, the number of new patent engineers, mid-career patent engineers, and experienced patent engineers are well balanced. Although the number of male patent engineers are slightly larger than that of female patent engineers, a lot of female patent engineers are also active in the Patent Department.
Patent engineers from overseas can be engaged not only in work related to our native languages, but also in various work regardless of our native countries if we have skills to deal with patent related work. Accordingly, we can acquire valuable experience which cannot be obtained in other fields as we are involved in the patent practice longer.
The following technical intellectual property work mainly related to patents.
- Assistance with establishment of corporate IP strategies.
- Procedures for obtaining a right in Japan and abroad (procedures for filling an application, and post-application procedures)
- Legal cases etc
- "HARAKENZO more" are “international and comprehensive Intellectual Property Firm” having 40 years of history and 250 staff in total, and located in four main cities in Japan: Osaka; Tokyo; Hiroshima; and Nagoya.
- "HARAKENZO more" have experts in every intellectual property field, and we have established a system which allows the experts to exhibit their specialties to the maximum.
- "HARAKENZO more" provide experienced persons in the intellectual property field with an environment which allows them to be active widely, and we also provide inexperienced persons with an opportunity which allows them to steadily become an expert in the intellectual property field.
- A person who always has an ambition to obtain knowledge and skill (we are always required to obtain expertise to improve our ability as a professional in intellectual properties).
- A person who can have good communication with other people in and out of our office.
- A person who would like to play a wide-ranging active role in Japan and abroad.
Flextime (Standard working hours: 7.75 hours/day)
Our Aims For Work-Life Balance And Work Style Innovation
- Work-Life Balance
"HARAKENZO more" aim for every employee to achieve an ideal work-life balance. To this end, we employ a flextime system at our offices.
Employees can choose when their workday will start, from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. This makes it possible to finish working as early as 3:30 PM.
Another aim of our film is to achieve the no-overtime work policy.
Our employees can use a single day twice as effectively and secure ample time for life outside of work.
- Work Style Innovation
"HARAKENZO more" are planning to adopt the telework system and the co-working system, which are the bases of our work style innovation.
The telework system is a system for seeking diverse work styles by utilizing information-communication technologies, and allows employees to work at different places outside the offices. "HARAKENZO more" are particularly planning to adopt the employment-based telework system.
The co-working system is a system for sharing, for example, office spaces, conference rooms, or meeting spaces among people who are engaged in different businesses. "HARAKENZO more" are particularly planning to establish satellite offices.
"HARAKENZO more" proudly counts a large number of women among its staff. "HARAKENZO more" have established a work environment that allows employees to easily take parental leave. This is evidenced by the numerous members of our staff who have taken parental leave multiple times and returned to continue their career here.
"HARAKENZO more" also have a shortened workday system available to support working parents with a busy schedule.
"HARAKENZO more" also offers: commuting allowance (all costs paid), allowance for obtaining certifications, overtime pay, social insurance, a retirement benefit system, in-firm training, and essentially no job transfers
Graduates from science and engineering university (we also welcome new graduates and recent graduates)
Desired experience and skills
- Language skills
- Experience in research and development in a company etc.
- Experience in patent practice
"HARAKENZO more" welcome an inexperienced person in the patent practice since we have established a system for education.
For fairness and our sound development, we don’t recruit a relative in the first to third degree of our employee.
- Salary: salary is paid according to employee’s ability and experience etc.
- Working conditions: salary raise once a year; bonus paid twice a year; commuting allowance (fully covered); full social insurance; and retirement allowance.
- Working hours: 8:00-16:30 (7 hours and 45 minutes per day, flextime available).
- Holidays: two days off per week (Saturdays and Sundays); national holidays; year-end and new year’s holidays; summer vacation; paid vacation; and special holiday.
- How to apply: Please send a resume (with photo) via post or email to your preferred work location: Osaka, Tokyo, Hiroshima or Nagoya Office (see addresses below)
- Screening process
Resume screening -> Written test -> Interview (no secondary interview required)
Our hiring decision process can take as little as approximately two weeks from the day we receive your application.
Please send your application to one of the following: