Paralegals (for patents and trademarks)
Paralegals are engaged in various administrative work related to intellectual properties such as patents, trademarks and designs. "HARAKENZO more" provide not only an experienced person but also an inexperienced person with an environment which allows them to pursue a way to become an expert in intellectual properties through various work and communication with our senior members having various experience and ability.
Information about Secretariat and Administration Department from Senior Member(Secretariat and Administration Department:Richard Stonell)
Main operations of the Secretariat and Administration Department are, for example, (i) preparation of documents to be filed with the Japan Patent Office and patents offices in other countries, (ii) preparation of documents to be submitted to clients in Japan and abroad, (iii) various administrative data input, and (iv) deadline management operations. Because of wide-ranging operations of the paralegals, each paralegal is provided with an operation according to their aptitude and ability. The paralegals in the Secretariat and Administration Department can play an active role as an expert by improving their skills since the above operations require high-level expertise.
Members in Secretariat and Administration Department
The Patent Department has about 100 patent engineers in total. "HARAKENZO more" often have communication with various members who have diverse experience and ability, and we can receive good inspiration from them. In the Patent Department, the number of new patent engineers, mid-career patent engineers, and experienced patent engineers are well balanced. Although the number of male patent engineers are slightly larger than that of female patent engineers, a lot of female patent engineers are also active in the Patent Department.
In our office, personal experience and capacity of paralegals are combined together as a team according to our clients’ demands. The paralegals are required to take account of laws, languages, and cultures in Japan and other countries to communicate with clients in Japan and abroad and filing documents with the Japan Patent Office and patent offices in other countries. That is, paralegals also have an important role as a “bridge” between Japan and other countries.
"HARAKENZO more" can experience various work here to enhance our own skills and capability, and also pursue expertise about intellectual properties. Let’s work together if you have an ambition and would like to widen your view internationally.
- Assistance with establishment of corporate IP strategies.
- Preparation of various documents to be filed with the Japan Patent Office and patent offices in other countries
- Preparation of various documents to be sent to clients.
- Various administrative operations such as deadline management and annual fee management
- Operations related to electronic patent files and data input
- Various support operations
- "HARAKENZO more" are “international and comprehensive Intellectual Property Firm” having 40 years of history and 250 staff in total, and located in four main cities in Japan: Osaka; Tokyo; Hiroshima; and Nagoya.
- "HARAKENZO more" have experts in every intellectual property field, and we have established a system which allows the experts to exhibit their specialties to the maximum.
- "HARAKENZO more" provide experienced persons in the intellectual property field with an environment which allows them to be active widely, and we also provide inexperienced persons with an opportunity which allows them to steadily become an expert in the intellectual property field.
- A person who always has an ambition to obtain knowledge and skill (we are always required to obtain expertise to improve our ability as a professional in intellectual properties).
- A person who can have good communication with other people in and out of our office.
- A person who can deal with complex administrative operations precisely and promptly.
Flextime (Standard working hours: 7.75 hours/day)
Our Aims For Work-Life Balance And Work Style Innovation
- Work-Life Balance
"HARAKENZO more" aim for every employee to achieve an ideal work-life balance. To this end, we employ a flextime system at our offices.
Employees can choose when their workday will start, from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. This makes it possible to finish working as early as 3:30 PM.
Another aim of our film is to achieve the no-overtime work policy.
Our employees can use a single day twice as effectively and secure ample time for life outside of work.
- Work Style Innovation
"HARAKENZO more" are planning to adopt the telework system and the co-working system, which are the bases of our work style innovation.
The telework system is a system for seeking diverse work styles by utilizing information-communication technologies, and allows employees to work at different places outside the offices. "HARAKENZO more" are particularly planning to adopt the employment-based telework system.
The co-working system is a system for sharing, for example, office spaces, conference rooms, or meeting spaces among people who are engaged in different businesses. "HARAKENZO more" are particularly planning to establish satellite offices.
"HARAKENZO more" proudly counts a large number of women among its staff. "HARAKENZO more" have established a work environment that allows employees to easily take parental leave. This is evidenced by the numerous members of our staff who have taken parental leave multiple times and returned to continue their career here.
"HARAKENZO more" also have a shortened workday system available to support working parents with a busy schedule.
"HARAKENZO more" also offers: commuting allowance (all costs paid), allowance for obtaining certifications, overtime pay, social insurance, a retirement benefit system, in-firm training, and essentially no job transfers
Graduates from university (we also welcome new graduates and recent graduates)
- PC skills (Word and Excel)
"HARAKENZO more" welcome an applicant who has English reading skills and simple writing skills (some Departments require no English skill)
"HARAKENZO more" welcome an inexperienced person since we have established a system for education.
For fairness and our sound development, we don’t recruit a relative in the first to third degree of our employee.
- Salary: salary is paid according to employee’s ability and experience etc.
- Working conditions: salary raise once a year; bonus paid twice a year; commuting allowance (fully covered); full social insurance; and retirement allowance.
- Working hours: 8:00-16:30 (7 hours and 45 minutes per day, flextime available).
- Holidays: two days off per week (Saturdays and Sundays); national holidays; year-end and new year’s holidays; summer vacation; paid vacation; and special holiday.
- How to apply: Please send a resume (with photo) via post or email to your preferred work location: Osaka, Tokyo, Hiroshima or Nagoya Office (see addresses below)
- Screening process
Resume screening → Written test → Interview (no secondary interview required)
Our hiring decision process can take as little as approximately two weeks from the day we receive your application.
Please send your application to one of the following: