Trademark and Design Staff
Trademark and design staff are engaged in non-technical intellectual property businesses mainly related to trademarks and designs. "HARAKENZO more " provide not only an experienced person in this field, but also an inexperienced person with an environment which allows them to pursue a way to become an expert in intellectual properties through various work and communication with our senior members having various experience and ability.
Information about Legal Strategy Department from Senior Member
"HARAKENZO more " are engaged in general non-technical intellectual property businesses mainly related to trademarks and designs. Each of us makes an effort to have our own specialty, and we carry out our work through combining our specialties with teamwork so that we can exhibit high level of expertise over wide-ranging businesses.
Members in Legal Strategy Department
A total of about 30 staff including patent attorneys, trademark and design staff, and paralegals are engaged in work of the Legal Strategy Department. In the Legal Strategy Department, the number of new staff, mid-career staff, and experienced staff are well balanced, and the male to female ratio is almost equal.
Message to Applicants
I didn’t have any experience in the trademark and design field when I entered HARAKENZO WORLD PATENT & TRADEMARK. However, this firm provides us with an environment which allows us to work naturally with satisfaction according to our ability. In such an environment, I could enhance my ability. In addition, I can also use my experience I previously obtained in other fields.
I do my daily work enjoyably while cooperating with other members who have various skills and personalities, and working hard together.
The following general non-technical intellectual property work mainly related to trademarks and designs (assisting patent attorneys in the case of patent attorneys' exclusive works).
- Assistance with establishment of corporate IP strategies.
- Procedures for obtaining a right in Japan and abroad (procedures for filling an application, and post-application procedures)
- Legal cases etc.
- "HARAKENZO more " are “international and comprehensive Intellectual Property Firm” having 45 years of history and 270 staff in total, and located in four main cities in Japan: Osaka; Tokyo; Hiroshima; and Nagoya.
- "HARAKENZO more " have experts in every intellectual property field, and we have established a system which allows the experts to exhibit their specialties to the maximum.
- "HARAKENZO more " provide experienced persons in the intellectual property field with an environment which allows them to be active widely, and we also provide inexperienced persons with an opportunity which allows them to steadily become an expert in the intellectual property field.
- A person who always has an ambition to obtain knowledge and skill (we are always required to obtain expertise to improve our ability as a professional in intellectual properties).
- A person who can have good communication with other people in and out of our office.
- A person who would like to play a wide-ranging active role in Japan and abroad.
Flextime (Standard working hours: 7.75 hours/day)
Our Aims For Work-Life Balance And Work Style Innovation
- Work-Life Balance
"HARAKENZO more " aim for every employee to achieve an ideal work-life balance. To this end, we employ a flextime system at our offices. Employees can choose when their workday will start, from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM. This makes it possible to finish working as early as 2:30 PM. Another aim of our film is to achieve the no-overtime work policy. Our employees can use a single day twice as effectively and secure ample time for life outside of work.
- Work Style Innovation
"HARAKENZO more " are planning to adopt the telework system and the co-working system, which are the bases of our work style innovation.
The telework system
is a system for seeking diverse work styles by utilizing information-communication technologies, and allows employees to work at different places outside the offices. "HARAKENZO more " are particularly planning to adopt the employment-based telework system.
The co-working system
is a system for sharing, for example, office spaces, conference rooms, or meeting spaces among people who are engaged in different businesses. "HARAKENZO more " are particularly planning to establish satellite offices.
"HARAKENZO more " proudly counts a large number of women among its staff. "HARAKENZO more " have established a work environment that allows employees to easily take parental leave. This is evidenced by the numerous members of our staff who have taken parental leave multiple times and returned to continue their career here.
"HARAKENZO more " also have a shortened workday system available to support working parents with a busy schedule.
"HARAKENZO more " also offers: commuting allowance (all costs paid), allowance for obtaining certifications, overtime pay, social insurance, a retirement benefit system, in-firm training, and essentially no job transfers
Graduates from university (we also welcome new graduates and recent graduates)
- PC skills (Word and Excel)
"HARAKENZO more " welcome an applicant who has English reading skills and simple writing skills (some Departments require no English skill)
"HARAKENZO more " welcome an inexperienced person since we have established a system for education.
For fairness and our sound development, we don’t recruit a relative in the first to third degree of our employee.
- Salary: salary is paid according to employee’s ability and experience etc.
- Working conditions: salary raise once a year; bonus paid twice a year; commuting allowance (fully covered); full social insurance; and retirement allowance.
- Working hours: 8:00-16:30 (7 hours and 45 minutes per day, flextime available).
- Holidays: two days off per week (Saturdays and Sundays); national holidays; year-end and new year’s holidays; summer vacation; paid vacation; and special holiday.
- How to apply: Please send a resume (with photo) via post or email to your preferred work location: Osaka, Tokyo, Hiroshima or Nagoya Office (see addresses below)
- Screening process
Resume screening → Written test → Interview (no secondary interview required)
Our hiring decision process can take as little as approximately two weeks from the day we receive your application.
Please send your application to one of the following: