Translators (Japanese ⇔ German)
Translators are engaged in translation (Japanese ⇔ German) related to technical intellectual properties mainly about patents, and non-technical intellectual properties mainly about trademarks and designs. "HARAKENZO more " provide translators with an environment which allows them to deepen their own specialties as a Japanese ⇔ German translator, and to be active internationally through communication with patent attorneys and lawyers from overseas.
Information about Translation Department from Senior Member(Translation Department : Jung Alf)
The Translation Department mainly provides translation services related to domestic and international technical intellectual properties and general non-technical intellectual properties. Further, the Translation Department also provides translation services related to wide-ranging cases including, for example, various searching, judgment, consulting, and legal cases. Translators can have an opportunity to obtain general translation knowledge and skill regarding intellectual properties since we can be responsible for providing such translation services according to our capability regardless of our age and experience.
Members in Translation Department
The Translation Department has about 30 staff in total. "HARAKENZO more " often have communication with various members who have diverse experience and ability, and we can receive good inspiration from them. In the Translation Department, the number of new translators, mid-career translators, and experienced translators are well balanced, and the male to female ratio is about 4:6, and many female translators play active roles here.
"HARAKENZO more " are one of international and comprehensive intellectual property firms having many clients in Japan and abroad, so we can have many opportunities to experience translation in various technical fields.
An experienced senior member will fully support a new translator. Accordingly, it is possible for such a new translator to grow as a translator who can provide precise and speedy translation with use of language skills and it is also possible to obtain knowledge related to intellectual properties.
In addition to support for translators, our office has working conditions which allow us to live a satisfying life in our private life.
Translation (Japanese ⇔ German) related to the following general intellectual property work mainly about patents, trademarks and designs.
- Assistance with establishment of corporate IP strategies.
- Procedures for obtaining a right in Japan and abroad (procedures for filling an application, and post-application procedures)
- Legal cases etc.
- "HARAKENZO more " are “international and comprehensive Intellectual Property Firm” having 45 years of history and 270 staff in total, and located in four main cities in Japan: Osaka; Tokyo; Hiroshima; and Nagoya.
- "HARAKENZO more " have experts in every intellectual property field, and we have established a system which allows the experts to exhibit their specialties to the maximum.
- "HARAKENZO more " provide experienced persons in the intellectual property field with an environment which allows them to be active widely, and we also provide inexperienced persons with an opportunity which allows them to steadily become an expert in the intellectual property field.
- A person who always has an ambition to obtain knowledge and skill (we are always required to obtain expertise to improve our ability as a professional in intellectual properties).
- A person who can have good communication with other people in and out of our office.
- A person who would like to play a wide-ranging active role in Japan and abroad.
Flextime (Standard working hours: 7.75 hours/day)
Our Aims For Work-Life Balance And Work Style Innovation
- Work-Life Balance
"HARAKENZO more " aim for every employee to achieve an ideal work-life balance. To this end, we employ a flextime system at our offices.
Employees can choose when their workday will start, from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM. This makes it possible to finish working as early as 2:30 PM.
Another aim of our film is to achieve the no-overtime work policy.
Our employees can use a single day twice as effectively and secure ample time for life outside of work.
- Work Style Innovation
"HARAKENZO more " are planning to adopt the telework system and the co-working system, which are the bases of our work style innovation.
The telework system is a system for seeking diverse work styles by utilizing information-communication technologies, and allows employees to work at different places outside the offices. "HARAKENZO more " are particularly planning to adopt the employment-based telework system.
The co-working system is a system for sharing, for example, office spaces, conference rooms, or meeting spaces among people who are engaged in different businesses. "HARAKENZO more " are particularly planning to establish satellite offices.
"HARAKENZO more " proudly counts a large number of women among its staff. "HARAKENZO more " have established a work environment that allows employees to easily take parental leave. This is evidenced by the numerous members of our staff who have taken parental leave multiple times and returned to continue their career here.
"HARAKENZO more " also have a shortened workday system available to support working parents with a busy schedule.
"HARAKENZO more " also offers: commuting allowance (all costs paid), allowance for obtaining certifications, overtime pay, social insurance, a retirement benefit system, in-firm training, and essentially no job transfers
Graduates from university (we also welcome new graduates and recent graduates)
Desired experience and skills
- Various German and Japanese qualifications
- Experience in patent translation
"HARAKENZO more " welcome an inexperienced person in translation since we have established a system for education.
For fairness and our sound development, we don’t recruit a relative in the first to third degree of our employee.
- Salary: salary is paid according to employee’s ability and experience etc.
- Working conditions: salary raise once a year; bonus paid twice a year; commuting allowance (fully covered); full social insurance; and retirement allowance.
- Working hours: 8:00-16:30 (7 hours and 45 minutes per day, flextime available).
- Holidays: two days off per week (Saturdays and Sundays); national holidays; year-end and new year’s holidays; summer vacation; paid vacation; and special holiday.
- How to apply: Please send a resume (with photo) via post or email to your preferred work location: Osaka, Tokyo, Hiroshima or Nagoya Office (see addresses below)
- Screening process
Resume screening -> Written test -> Interview (no secondary interview required)
Our hiring decision process can take as little as approximately two weeks from the day we receive your application.
Please send your application to one of the following: